The internet-based product delivery service sector has been thriving over the last 10 years. Daily, numerous drivers transport groceries, food items, and other kinds of consumer goods to people throughout the nation. The increase in the utilization of the Postmates service has contributed to a big rise in the number of collisions that involve drivers who work for the delivery vendor. Those who get hurt in these kinds of accidents are legally entitled to pursue monetary compensation for the damages they suffer.
About Us: We are an expert law group with considerable experience in legally representing people injured in automobile collisions, which include those involving rideshare service providers and delivery companies. These cases tend to invite a greater experience and knowledge level than usual. If there is any question in your mind after going through this piece, you are welcome to get in touch with our highly-regarded law offices. Our qualified lawyers have much experience in dealing with delivery vehicle crash cases, and they offer free consultations.
Common Injuries: The most commonly seen injuries after a vehicle collision include the ones mentioned below.
- Injuries to the neck and back, especially disc bulges and whiplash.
- Nerve damage, including disc bulging with dents on the dural sac.
- Facial damage – broken nose, eye-related injuries, and lacerations.
- Ear damage – physical trauma that causes hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Injuries to the wrist and hand.
- Damages to the knee and the ankle.
- Traumatic brain injury, and post-concussive syndrome.
- Loss of consciousness.
Measures To Take – Things You Should Do After A Vehicle Collision
One has to take many different measures following a vehicular collision, to protect his or her legal rights.
- Get in touch with the law enforcement agency in the area. Have law enforcement professionals create a TCR, which refers to a report concerning the traffic accident.
- When you are hurt, seek medical help as soon as possible. It is essential to medically document your injuries, to establish what damages you sustained.
- Photograph not just the accident spot but also the automobile involved in your collision.
- Seek details of any other party involved in the collision, including their insurance details, vehicle registration copy, telephone number, address, and California Identification Card’s copy.
- Note down every single witness’s details, including their name, phone number, plus the incident they saw.
- Avoid speaking to the other person about your injuries or the collision. Avoid talking to any insurance claims adjuster concerning the aforementioned things.
- Get in touch with a personal injury lawyer, especially one who is specialized in handling delivery vehicle collision injury litigation.
Postmates – Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance Legislation
Postmates increased their insurance rates after they noticed a spike in accidents, which involve their delivery service operator vehicles. In the period of 2014, the company vehicles carried $1,000,000 as excess liability insurance coverage amount. This big amount corresponds to the insurance coverage amounts that are available for Lyft’s and Uber’s vehicle operators.
- Postmates vehicle driver legal rights following a vehicle crash: The drivers part of automobile collisions can access Postmates’ commercial insurance policy, on the basis of their underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage. The uninsured-type motorist coverage would become active in the case the driver responsible for the crash lacks automobile insurance when the event happened. It is possible to tap into the other coverage in the event your damages exceed the guilty person’s coverage.
To know more things regarding legal rights, call or email an adept attorney having experience in managing claims related to delivery collisions.
Financial Recovery For Postmates-Related Accident Victims
Injured parties in collisions occurring due to the negligent acts of other people have the legal right to the recovery for every kind of damage incurred. The average settlement value or the average worth of an accident case may vary by the extent of damages suffered. Get in touch with an experienced lawyer for a rough estimate on how much the case of yours is worth. Shared below are a few of the specific types of compensation that can be recovered for personal injury.
- Recovery for every existing medical and rehab expense.
- The cost of potential medical and rehab cases.
- Monetary damages, including property damage, loss of monetary income, and loss of future earning capacity.
- Non-monetary damages
- Exemplary damages – US courts grant these when individual acts either deliberately to bring about the collision or with reckless disregard for other people’s health and life. Some examples of it are a collision due to a driver working when intoxicated, and one where the vehicle operator who causes the accident flees the scene immediately. Getting exemplary damages is difficult, and only a skilled attorney specialized in handling delivery driver collision cases can achieve it.
Deadline For Litigating – Statute Of Limitations
There are 24 months from the accident date to submit a claim in California’s civil court, to get compensation for their damages. Not doing so in the stipulated time, may see you losing your legal entitlement to the recovery. There exist a few exemptions to California’s statute of limitations.
- Underage people have 24 months from the day they turn 18 to do so.
- The mentally and/or physically disabled condition of the injured party.
To know more things regarding other potential exceptions, contact any of our skilled attorneys.
Free Consultation Available: When there is any more legal question to ask us, have no hesitation to call our law branches. Our experienced attorneys conduct case reviews without charging customers. We focus on helping collision victims across California, including San Diego, LA, and the Bay Area.